As part of your registration for Irish Dance lessons, McConnell School of Dance provides the opportunity for dancers in our school to perform at several events throughout the dance season. Performance is optional for all students.
Requirements for Performance
· Dancers are required to have a well-fitting costume for their current level in order to perform.
· Students, who do not know their dances, frequently miss classes, or who fall behind on their steps may not perform all routines with their current level.
· Dancers who are behind their current level should consider private lessons to assist them in catching up with their class
· Decisions regarding which dances a student performs are left to the discretion of the instructors and the school as it is our responsibility to consider the entire group.
· Our performances include both traditional and modern style Irish dances. Traditional Ceili dances and choreographed routines for our classes have a set number of dancers required for each dance. Please be considerate of other dancers by making sure you attend the performances if you have committed to it at the beginning of the season.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS FOR RECREATIONAL LEVELS