McConnell School of Irish Dance is a registered member of Cumann Rince Náisiúnta(CRN), based in Dublin, Ireland. Our students compete in CRN's Open Platform Feis (competitions), which take place at the Regional, National, and World Open levels.
The Competitive season extends Sept - May for dancers who wish to compete in our school competitions. For dancers who wish to compete at the Regional, National, or World competitions, the season will extend Sept - August.
- Dancers compete in 5 Solo Levels of CRN- Bunghrad,Ullmhuchan, Meanghrad, Ardghrad, Craobhghrad (Champion)
- Competitions are offered for all ages and abilities, including adult students.
- Team competitions include all traditional figure dances and modern choreographed routines.
- CRN U.S.A Feis are held in Minneapolis MN, Dayton OH, Harrisburg PV, Philadelphia PV, Atlanta GA, Dublin CA, and many other cities across the U.S.A, Ireland, and Australia.
- CRN Dancers also have the option to compete in any Open Platform Feis
- McConnell School of Dance hosts a yearly feis (competition) , held in May each season and all dancers in the school are invited to compete.
Competition is not mandatory in competitive division. Our competitive program is also for dancers who wish to brush up on technique or who need additional learning time.