McConnell School of Irish Dance is a registered member of Cumann Rince Náisiúnta(CRN), based in Dublin, Ireland. Our students compete in CRN's Open Platform Feis (competitions), which take place at the Regional, National, and World Open levels.
The Competitive season extends Sept - May for dancers who wish to compete in our school or nearby competitions. For dancers who wish to compete at the Regional, National, or World competitions, the season will extend Sept - August.
- Dancers compete in 5 Solo Levels of CRN- Bunghrad,Ullmhuchan, Meanghrad, Ardghrad, Craobhghrad (Champion)
- Competitions are offered for all ages and abilities, including adult students.
- Team competitions include all traditional figure dances and modern choreographed routines.
- CRN U.S.A Feis are held in Minneapolis MN, Dayton OH, Harrisburg PV, Philadelphia PV, Atlanta GA, Dublin CA, and many other cities across the U.S.A, Ireland, and Australia.
- CRN Dancers also have the option to compete in any Open Platform Feis
- In 2017 McConnell School of Dance will commence a yearly school feis, to be held in May each season.
- Competition is not mandatory. Our competitive program is ideal for dancers who wish to brush up on technique or who need additional learning time.